June 10, 2015

De Bruyne confirms contact with Manchester City


The 23-year-old is also understood be the subject of interest from Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain and is remaining open-minded over his future
Kevin De Bruyne has confirmed that Manchester City have made "informal contact" with his agent but insists any interested club must reach an agreement with Wolfsburg if they want to sign him this summer. The 23-year-old has established himself as one of the most coveted young footballers in Europe after a season that saw him notch 15 goals and 25 assists in all competitions.

Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain are also understood to be interested in signing De Bruyne, who is believed to be valued by Wolfsburg at around €49 million - double the €24m they paid Chelsea to sign him in January 2014.

"I know there are some informal contacts but we say to everybody - if they want to do something they have to go to Wolfsburg, not to me," the Belgium international told Sky Sports News.

“I always thought that I was going to talk to my club first when the season was over. And for me the season is not over. That starts probably next week or the week after but I will also be on vacation.

“I don’t have any stress about these things. It will come this way and I know that there are a lot of rumours and the papers are writing a lot.”

De Bruyne played a key role as Wolfsburg finished runners-up to Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga and defeated Borussia Dortmund to claim the DFB Pokal, and he believes his form was the result of the regular playing time he was denied at Chelsea.

“It’s been for me a wonderful season,” he added. “I think the thing I’m most excited about is that I played almost everything, missed just one game, started everything and played everything.

“My time at Chelsea wasn’t bad. Everybody talks about it and that it was really bad but I just decided I didn’t want to stay at the club under those circumstances, I just wanted to play football and that’s what I did."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ancelotti - 'Ronaldo and Messi need each other'

  The Italian says the rivalry between the two superstars drives both to become better players and talks about the importance of Por...