December 29, 2014

Breaking News: Real Madrid move would be a step up - Lucas Silva

Real Madrid move would be a step up - Lucas Silva
The midfielder has talked up the prospect of joining the Champions League winners just days after his current employers warned the player over his commitment to the club
Cruzeiro star Lucas Silva has talked up a potential move to Real Madrid by admitting "anything could happen" in the January transfer window.

The Brazil Under-21 international has been linked with the Champions League winners for much of the last month, with Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti revealing his interest in the player on December 8.

Silva himself has made no attempt to hide his desire to move to Spain, but earlier this week Cruzeiro sporting director Alexandre Mattos revealed he had a "very firm talk" with the player over his loyalty to the club.

The 21-year-old appeared in the 'Neymar and Friends' charity friendly on Saturday and discussed his future in an interview with Globoesporte after the game.

He said: "I am expected back in work next month; there have been a lot of rumours and speculation regarding a possible move to Real Madrid. The winter transfer window isn’t open in Europe until January but once the market opens, anything can happen.

"I have my own objectives and challenges. It would be a dream and a step forward in my career."

The midfielder, who is due to report for pre-season training on January 7, was also quick to reaffirm his commitment to his current employers and insists he would never demand that Cruzeiro allow him to leave.

"We would have to reach an agreement which benefits me and Cruzeiro but I am happy where I am. I am in a marvellous team and I want to continue making history."When I say that the European transfer market isn’t open, I am referring to the speculation. A lot of stories are coming out in the press and I am getting a lot of questions about Real Madrid.

"All I can say is that there is nothing decided. I am a Cruzeiro player, I had a good season last year and anything might happen at a later date."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ancelotti - 'Ronaldo and Messi need each other'

  The Italian says the rivalry between the two superstars drives both to become better players and talks about the importance of Por...